At the In Rhythm Bodywork in Del Mar, California
Caterina Leu developed an integrated therapy approach based on the great traditional systems of both western and eastern modalities and their synergies. Her name In Rhythm Massage stands for tapping into life’s rhythm to support your body.
Over her almost 30 years of Holistic health Practice she developed her own modality, called Biodynamic Bodywork. It is a gentle approach to pain management by tuning into your body’s own rhythms and healing mechanisms. She writes in her blog “Exquisite Health is Your Wealth” about her approach to health.
Caterina also guides clients as well as practitioners in self-care and alternative healing methods. For example specific exercises and nutrition based recommendations for a healthy life style.
About her Flaxseed Pillows
To compliment Caterina’s Biodynamic Bodywork, she designed and produced a range of Flax Seed Pillows. It all started when Caterina began searching for products that would increase her client’s comfort during a massage session. Whilst there were many therapeutic pillow-like products in the market, she started designing and developing a more versatile, quality collection of pillows to meet the needs of her practice and clients. Her own Flax Seed Pillow line is made from higher quality flax seeds. She designed the pillows with an attractive, removable, and washable cover. Furthermore her versatile shapes accommodate many applications in order to adapt to various body types.
The pillows keep her clients warm which in turn helps relax the body, a very important “ingredient” for people with fast-paced lifestyles. Her clients loved the feeling the warm pillows provided so much they began asking where they could buy them. This was the birth of an ever increasing product line.
Active Member of the American Organization for Bodywork Therapies of Asia (AOBTA®)
Caterina’s training includes:
- Training in Europe and the US as an educator and Holistic Health Practitioner.
- Certification in Lymph Drainage Therapy, Cranio Sacral Therapy, Spinal Release, Viceral Manipulation and Contemporary Rehabilitation Manual Therapy by the Upledger Institute.
- Ortho Bionomy and Lymph Drainage Therapy by Ortho-Bionomy International, Inc., San Francisco, CA and Santa Fe, NM.
- Traditional Medical Massage of Thailand by Chonkol Settha-korn from the Old Medicine Hospital of Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- Tui Na, Chinese Medical Massage, Taoist Sanctuary, San Diego, CA.
- Setai Shiatsu, Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, San Diego, CA.
- Education in Oriental and Western Nutrition, Herbology, Yoga, Chi Gong, Tai Chi, Exercise and Aromatherapy, San Diego, CA.
- Energy Healing Touch and Reiki (Master III), San Diego, CA.