At the In Rhythm Bodywork in Del Mar, California, Caterina Leu developed an integrated therapy approach based on the great traditional systems of both western and eastern modalities and their synergies.
Caterina also provides a guide for clients and practitioners of both self-care and alternative healing methods (such as specific exercise and nutrition based recommendations for a healthy life style).
To compliment Caterina’s Biodynamic Bodywork, she designed and produced a range of Flaxseed Pillows. It all started when Caterina began searching for products that would increase her client’s comfort during a massage session. Whilst there were many therapeutic pillow-like products in the market, she started designing and developing a more versatile, quality collection of pillows to meet the needs of her practice and clients. Her own Flax Seed Pillow line is made from higher quality flax seeds, attractive, removable washable covers, and more versatile shapes designed to accommodate many applications and to be more adaptable to various body types.
The pillows keep her clients warm which in turn helps relax the body, a very important “ingredient” for people with fast-paced lifestyles. Her clients loved the feeling the warm pillows provided so much they began asking where they could buy them. This was the birth of an ever increasing product line.
Active Member of the American Organization for Bodywork Therapies of Asia (AOBTA®)
Caterina’s training includes:
- Training in Europe and the US as an educator and Holistic Health Practitioner.
- Certification in Lymph Drainage Therapy, Cranio Sacral Therapy, Spinal Release, Viceral Manipulation and Contemporary Rehabilitation Manual Therapy by the Upledger Institute.
- Ortho Bionomy and Lymph Drainage Therapy by Ortho-Bionomy International, Inc., San Francisco, CA and Santa Fe, NM.
- Traditional Medical Massage of Thailand by Chonkol Settha-korn from the Old Medicine Hospital of Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- Tui Na, Chinese Medical Massage, Taoist Sanctuary, San Diego, CA.
- Setai Shiatsu, Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, San Diego, CA.
- Education in Oriental and Western Nutrition, Herbology, Yoga, Chi Gong, Tai Chi, Exercise and Aromatherapy, San Diego, CA.
- Energy Healing Touch and Reiki (Master III), San Diego, CA.